Process Heater Inspections
The Process Heater Inspections article provides you with information about inspection of process heater and process heater testing in the manufacturing shop and site, as well as in the operating plants.
General Note for Fired Heater Inspection and Test Plan:
1) Fired Heater witness/hold point by Code Inspector, when applied by Code Stamp/Local Regulation, is to comply with its requirements and to specify in Vendor’s ITP.
2) Type of Inspection by Fired Heater Purchaser may be changed according to equipment criticality and vendor QC evaluation at job stage.
3) When requested in the requisition, detailed Fired Heater ITP shall be submitted by Vendor.
4) Monitoring/Observation of Fired Heater Vendor shop daily routine works (i.e. Storage of materials & welding consumables, Adherence to approved procedures, Testing tool calibration check, Welder/NDE Operator performance & qualification, workmanship, cleanliness and etc.) shall be done by Purchaser during inspection visit.
5) Final Fired Heater Visual Inspection/Documentation Review/Pre-Shipment Inspection may be combined within one time visit.